(Let it drop)
A solo exhibition by Pablo Tomek
“The painting takes up a maximum of space.
We stretch it, we drop it, we spread it.
- It's as if filled with matter, well almost filled, at the very top there is something…oblivion…
- I see a sky suddenly, and then obviously mountains.
- Yeah, you see a landscape... why not... it seems to me that the process is narrating itself, more like a scribble, but in control you see…
- But if, look, it flows in front of us, down... like from a spring.
- Sure, Drying time took up a lot of this process, but you see nature all over...
- Well, because you have to let it flow, so that it goes back up.
- What do you mean, time? Ideas?
- No water! Up there in the clouds.
Like a cycle, this triptych proposes to evoke, to freeze, the aqueous process of painting and rather than erasing, this time letting it flow, dropping...”
- Pablo Tomek, 2023
March 25 – April 29, 2023